Training to Improve Quality of Care
Our model is based on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, best practices, measurable standards and an extensive training curriculum for caregivers and children. Each of our homes receives extensive and ongoing training covering each of nine important areas. These trainings are replicable and available to anyone running or supporting an orphanage.
- Life Skills Education — Training to prepare children to be able to make informed choices in their lives. Samples of topics include: Self Awareness, Problem Solving and Decision Making, Stress Management, Nutrition and more. These are subjects that parents typically teach their children.
- House parent training — Prepares women to be caring “Moms” by teaching them about child development, appropriate techniques for child discipline and more.
- Social worker training — Ensures that every child’s and every housemother’s emotional and psychological needs are addressed by an experienced professional.
- Children’s committees — Encourages children to participate in decision making and encourages the sense of belonging they so desire.
- Living child protection policies — Creates an educated environment where every child is protected from neglect and abuse. Focuses on four areas: Awareness, Prevention, Responding and Reporting.
- Teacher/tutor training — Strengthens and transforms the classroom environment through innovative units such as story pedagogy, effective lesson planning, classroom management and more. This takes place after school in every home and class sizes are small. Our goal is a great education.
- Financial training — Accounting system implementation, budgeting, HR and governance.
- Organizational development — Advises on organizational structure, job descriptions, areas of responsibility and management fundamentals.
- Orphanage assessment — Assesses progress on the 12 Rights of a Child, plus finance, HR and governance standards.
We also readily provide consulting services and training on how to use our assessments to other orphanages currently outside of our network. We work to develop tools to help orphanages understand and meet global standards. And we make this training available for other orphanages striving to improve their quality of care. For more information, contact us today.