*Latest update: May 13, 2020
- To date, we have been able to support close to 10,000 people — providing them with the basic food and hygiene items they need for two months. Thank you to all the donors that have made this possible.
- These families have ongoing monthly needs and we are committed to supporting them through this crisis. Please consider supporting a family on a monthly basis. Click on the orange donate button above.
April 28, 2020:
- Today, we are announcing our COVID-19 campaign in collaboration with #GivingTuesday this May 5th. Please consider donating to help support a family in crisis. Just click on the orange donate button at the top of this page.
- Our Youth Ambassadors are stepping up in big ways during this crisis. Read about how they are helping other children like them in our latest blog post.
April 24, 2020:
- We have now delivered relief to more than 1200 families.
April 20, 2020:
- We have delivered relief to more than 1000 families.
- Due to a generous 1:1 match you can donate funds to help 1 family and 2 families will be supported.
April 8, 2020:
- We have delivered relief to more than 500 families.
- Many of these families had not eaten for 2-3 days before relief arrived.
- Relief packages that are delivered include basic necessities like rice, wheat, oil, dahl, milk and vegetables as well as soap and other hygiene supplies.
- We will continue to provide support to vulnerable children and families as long as is needed.
- Each relief package cost $65/month for an entire family (avg. size 5-6). Please consider donating to support these families. Click the donate button above.
April 6, 2020:
Vulnerable children and families face even greater risk of separation and hardship during this pandemic. The health and safety of our children during this global crisis is our most important responsibility.
On March 24, 2020 the country of India mandated a national lockdown. This has left many families extremely vulnerable. The families are daily wage earners, who already struggle to feed their family. Now, without work, they are desperate.
Miracle Foundation is committed to providing support to as many families as we can for as long as it takes to ensure their well-being. The families need immediate and emergency assistance. We want to help keep these families together!
We have designed a relief response package which includes rice, wheat, oil, dahl, milk, and vegetables as well as soap, toothpaste, surgical masks, and sanitary supplies. Miracle is ensuring rapid relief delivery to the families by this week.
The cost of the emergency package is $65 per family (average household of 5) per month. If you are able to support our rapid relief response campaign, please donate at: Give.MiracleFoundation.org/
Miracle is leveraging its technology to ensure remote communications is available. Miracle social workers and mental health counselors are using WhatsApp to assist the children residing in the community. For the children in orphanages, Miracle team members are leading life skills education lessons on health and safety and are keeping them engaged and above all – protected and cared for.
This article highlights the measures that Miracle Foundation is taking to stop the spread of Covid-19 within the orphanages.
Our work will not stop. More than ever, the children and communities depend on Miracle Foundation – and we are there for them.
LATEST NEWS AND PRESS:
India Alternative Care Network: Response to covid 19: Reflections and Updates from the field (May 2020)