Work With Us
Do you have a passion for vulnerable children?
Do you believe children belong in families?
Do you want to do the impossible?
The Visual Designer is responsible for creating interface designs and other assets for our mobile technology and associated web platforms. This position will work with the products team to create concepts, artwork and layouts for our mobile technology based on creative briefs, client meetings, and user research. This is 6 month full-time contract-to-hire position working a hybrid/remote schedule in Austin, TX.
- Deliver user interface designs in the forms of wireframes up to high fidelity prototypes
- Create interaction design deliverables such as personas, journey maps, and comparative analysis reports
- Create and maintain visual and interaction pattern style guides for web and mobile technologies
- Assist with interviewing stakeholders and end users to identify technology requirements
- Usability, accessibility, and visual design heuristic analysis
- Work with developers to ensure that the product is designed to specification
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s Degree or certificate in Design, Fine Art, Architecture, or Psychology/Human-Computer Interaction
- Minimum 3-8 years of visual design experience
- A portfolio showcasing UX and Visual Design thinking
Required Abilities and Skills
- A solid foundation in typography, layout and design
- Knowledge of best practices in Interaction Design and UX Research
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills, along with presentation skills
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, strong interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with an ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience working in Figma or similar collaborative interface design tool
- Strong Microsoft Office & Google Workspace skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Child Safeguarding Policy
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Miracle Foundation must sign and comply with the Miracle Foundation’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Miracle Foundation’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom Miracle Foundation and its partners work directly with, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. Miracle Foundation believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Miracle Foundation’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards to which all staff members must adhere.