Work With Us
Miracle Foundation is an international nonprofit that helps orphans, and foster children find a safe, stable, and permanent family. Whether in an orphanage or the Foster Care System, our vision is a family for every child in our lifetime. For the past 23 years, Miracle Foundation has been dedicated to improving the lives of children. In 2022 alone, we supported more than 170,000 children—and this is just the beginning. Today, we are a world leader in ending the need for orphanages and ensuring children grow up in safe, stable families. To achieve this, we are actively uniting
children with families, partnering with frontline workers, preventing children from entering the system whenever possible, and stabilizing placements for children until they find a forever family. Founded in 2000, Miracle Foundation has consistently received the highest ratings from Charity Navigator and other watchdog organizations that assess charities’ effectiveness and financial transparency. Miracle Foundation is an international nonprofit for children headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City and New Delhi. Interested in joining our team? Send your resume to Theresa.email@example.com
Director of Development
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: Senior Development Manager, Development Coordinator
Summary: As a member of the senior executive team, the Director of Development ensures the success of fund development,
contributing to strategic planning and addressing development issues within the organization.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
» Minimum of 7 years of experience with proven success in raising annual and major gifts from individuals and corporations.
» Strong applied knowledge of fundraising tools and technology, including donor databases, online campaign resources, and donor research. Salesforce experience desired.
» Strong Salesforce experience desired.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead a comprehensive Development department (Fundraising) strategy. Provide direct
supervision of the Development Coordinator and Development Manager
- Actively participate as a key member of Miracle Foundation’s Executive Team
- Collaborative Strategic Planning: Work with the executive team to develop strategic plans, objectives, and implementation strategies.
- Establish annual, quarterly, and monthly fundraising and development goals aligned with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Ensure team members are meeting all objectives, goals, and timelines
- Acquire new donors for the organization
- Implement effective donor cultivation strategies for current donors
- Formulate short and long-term goals concerning the fundraising efforts of the organization.
- Qualify donor prospects; assess capacity, project interests and inclination.
- Steward and maintain relationships with major donors by responding to their inquiries, keeping them apprised of recent events with the organization, showing the progress and impact their donations have made possible.
- Track revenue and fundraising trends, then use the information to predict future opportunities for expansion efforts and avoid any downtrends in giving.
- Establish performance measures, monitor results, and evaluate the efficacy of the fund development program.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide variety of potential donors and supporters.
- Ability to make independent decisions and eagerness to collaborate with others.
- Must exercise exceptional time management skills and be able to meet fundraising goals and deadlines.
- Public speaking skills are required for speeches at fundraising events, presentations to donors on recent achievements, and meetings with board members.
- Must be able to inspire trust and camaraderie in employees and potential donors.
- Working knowledge of fundraising best practices and willingness to attend educational conferences and seminars to stay current on trends.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Must be able to motivate a team to action and keep order amongst competing interests.
Time will be divided between office meetings with staff within the organization and meeting with potential donors. Must be able to be flexible on work hours in order to attend functions with donors over weekends and evenings for fundraising events. Must be willing to travel to meet with potential donors wherever they may be.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Theresa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Safeguarding Policy
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Miracle Foundation must sign and comply with the Miracle Foundation’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Miracle Foundation’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom Miracle Foundation and its partners work directly with, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. Miracle Foundation believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Miracle Foundation’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards to which all staff members must adhere.